I made a lot of window curtains in my house, and for this bathroom I wanted to attempt to make a roman shade type curtain because it is an odd size. I love burlap and it’s cheap so I chose that for my material. I measured how wide the window is and added a couple inches so that when I made the hem on both sides it would line up. I measured the length of the window too, but because I was going to have it rolled up I cut it out shorter. I started with hemming all of the edges and at the top I folded it over and stitched about an inch or two from the top so that it would create the loop/slot to slide it on the curtain rod. On that stitch is also where I lined up some ribbon on either side (front and back) that would be used to tie at the bottom and keep it rolled up. I really like how it turned out I think its unique and matches a lot of the decor in my house. Burlap is hard to work with because it unravels, it’s also hard to cut straight straight lines. I found out as I went along that it’s important to use a tape measure/ruler as you go along to make sure your project is staying the width that you need.